Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Camp

things are great here at camp! i absoloutely love camp! i have met the coolest people! they are amazing! i definately know that this is where i am supposed to be. it does get a little stressful at times here. it seems like i have more problems with the counselors though. but there are only a couple off the wall ones thank goodness. if they were all like that i have no idea what i would do! i would go nuts! the girls are great! we sing a lot! the songs we sing here, i have never heard before, so it is great! i am now an expert dutch oven cooker. so when you get back, we will have to make a feast! i actually started a one match fire. it was amazing! coming from someone who never plays with fires, that is an accomplishment! i teach them knots like the over hand loop, slip, overhand, figure eight, bowline and so many more. of course i never remember how to tie them, so i always have to cheat! we sleep in platform tents. we have tons and tons of caterpillars here! they are crazy! for a couple of weeks they would hang on their silk strings from the trees and land on us when we would walk too close to the trees. they were so gross! but it was freaking hilarious to scare the girls with them. haha! that really is my pride and joy at night. i love to scare them. but dont worry, i only do it to those who i know can take it! we also teach them dressing for the weather, how to not leave a trace when on a trail, fires, knife safety (although i still cut myself!), nature games, and social skills! can i just say that i have never been involved in so much drama in my life! these girls are only together for a few days and they make each other cry all the time! they talk about each other behind their backs and go crazy! for a week there i was about to kill some girls! they were so rude and stopped listening to me that i almost crossed the line and yelled at them. luckily i controlled myself though. but i did make a girl cry :) haha. it was funny. she could dish it out but couldnt take the heat. lets just say i was ready for them to leave on thursday day and they wouldnt leave until saturday morning. i was so ready to get rid of them. but i generally have really good girls. they are so much fun. they really make my day! i laugh hard at something all the time. i really am glad that i am here. it is definitely an amazing learning experience. i have made friends for life.

3 comments:

Powell Family said...

That sounds like so much fun! I'm so jealous. I know what you mean about your girls, that was one thing I couldn't believe when I was an EFY counslor. They would be so mean to each other I just couldn't believe it. That's what I always think when I hear people's stories about high school. How can people really be that mean? I never thought that happened but looking back maybe it was that bad. Anyway, I have to get to bed, but I enjoyed reading your post! We'll have to teach you how to make pictures on your posts! What are you doing on the 26th and 27th? We'll be in the greater Salt Lake area. Want to hang out?

Alesha said...

What? You have a blog and didn't tell me? Sad day! Well, it's good to hear that you are getting to be a camping guru. When are you going back to Rexburg? I love reading about what's going on with you. Have a great day!

Adam said...

PS--You can check out my blog at adamandalesha.blogspot.com. Best of luck!!